ActiveJoints is a premium, multi action supplement that works to relieve daily joint pain and inflammation due to osteoarthritis, and to improve overall mobility. Osteoarthritis is an inflammatory disease in which cartilage breakdown exceeds cartilage synthesis, resulting in a progressive and permanent break down of cartilage in joints. Get your pets active again with ActiveJoints.
Please note: ActiveJoints is a daily supplement that assists in treating osteoarthritis and relieving overall joint pain.
- Appropriate for both Dogs and Cats
- Increased Mobility
- Relieves joint pain
- 100% Natural
- Made in Australia
- Vet approved
- Active ingredients include glucosamine HCl, chondroitin sulfate, sodium ascorbate (vitamin C), manganese gluconate, MSM, turmeric, medium chain triglycerides and piperine.
- Tub size is 75g
How to use:
ActiveJoints is a convenient and easy to use powder. Simply add the recommended dose, based on the pet’s weight, into their food daily.
View the chart below to see what the dosage rate would be for your pet, calculated by weight.
This product was previously known as JointPower. If you loved JointPower before, you will love ActiveJoints' new formula
The Benefits of ActiveJoints’ Ingredients
- Glucosamine is an amino sugar (a sugar molecule with an amino group attached). It is supplied in Active Joints as the highly stable hydrochloride salt of glucosamine.
- Chondroitin sulfate is a sulfated glycosaminoglycan (GAG). GAGs are also called mucopolysaccharides. Chondroitin sulfate is composed of a chain of a particular disaccharide composed of the two sugars, N-acetylgalactosamine and glucuronic acid. These sugars have sulfate groups attached.
- MSM is a form of organic, naturally-occurring, bioavailable sulfur.
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant which reduces the production of free radicals that can damage cells and tissues. Vitamin C is supplied in ActiveJoints as sodium ascorbate.
- Turmeric, obtained from the rhizome (underground stem) of the plant, Curcuma longa, contains compounds called curcuminoids, the most important being curcumin. Curcumin has many beneficial effects, the main ones relating to osteoarthritis being:
- Its anti-inflammatory activity - it inhibits the production of cytokines that promote inflammation.
- Its potent antioxidant activity - among other factors, the disease process in osteoarthritis involves the accumulation of damaging free radicals within cells because the mechanisms for eliminating them become overloaded. The antioxidant activity of curcumin protects the cells and tissues of the joint (as well as other tissues of the body) from the damaging effects of these free radicals.
- Turmeric is supplied in ActiveJoints in a highly concentrated form.
- Manganese plays an important role as a cofactor (‘helper’ molecule) for a large number of enzymes with many functions. Manganese is the preferred cofactor of enzymes called glycosyltransferases which are required for the synthesis of cartilage proteoglycans.
ActiveJoints also contains optimal levels of medium chain triglycerides and piperine to enhance the bioavailability of curcumin. Bioavailability refers to the levels of a compound in the tissues of the body (where the compound exerts its beneficial effects) relative to the given dose (amount ingested for an orally-administered compound). So if the bioavailability of a compound is increased, the levels of the compound in tissues are increased. Generally, the higher the level of the compound in a tissue, the greater the compound's beneficial effect.
Should you use JointPower or ActiveJoints?
JointPower is higher in both glucosamine and chondroitin than ActiveJoints, but both ActiveJoints and JointPower are extremely active, and both can be used for treatment.
Both can also be used as a preventative, particularly to protect joint cartilage in animals at risk of developing joint problems, including highly active animals and ageing animals – prevention is better than cure! Both are designed for regular, long-term, cost-effective administration.
Different individual pets may respond differently to each product. For example, one dog or cat may respond better to JointPower while another dog or cat may respond better to ActiveJoints.