JointPower is a high strength, multi action, joint mobiliser that reduces pain in dogs and cats with osteoarthritis and other joint issues. Containing glucosamine and chondroitin, this total joint repair system will have your pet bouncing for joy in no time.
Please note: JointPower is a high strength supplement recommended for pets that have chronic joint pain or issues due to osteoarthritis or have recently undergone surgery.
- Appropriate for both Dogs and Cats
- Maximum joint repair
- Joint pain relief
- 100% natural
- Made in Australia
- Vet Approved
- Key ingredients include glucosamine hydrochloride, chondroitin sulfate, vitamin C and manganese gluconate.
How to use:
JointPower is a convenient and easy to use powder. Simply add the recommended dose, based on the pet’s weight, into their food daily.
View the chart below to see what the dosage rate would be for your pet, calculated by weight.
Results can be seen 6-8 weeks after using JointPower.
This product was previously known as FlexiJoint. If you loved FlexiJoint before, you will love JointPower's new formula.
The beneficial effect of JointPower and how it works in osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis is an inflammatory disease characterised by progressive and permanent breakdown of cartilage in joints, but additionally by inflammation of the synovial membrane, changes in the subchondral bone (the bone underlying the cartilage in a joint), and reduction in synovial fluid viscosity.
- Glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate: In studies in animals and humans with osteoarthritis, oral administration of glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate, given either individually or together, has generally been found to have beneficial effects which include relieving the pain and inflammation of osteoarthritis and reducing the narrowing of the joint space that occurs in osteoarthritis. Both glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate are fundamental building blocks of cartilage. Chondroitin sulfate has also been found to possess antioxidant activity and thereby reduces the concentration of free radicals in joint tissues. It has also been reported to improve synovial fluid viscosity and to reduce the changes that occur in subchondral bone in osteoarthritis.
- Vitamin C plays a vital role in the production of collagen, a major component of cartilage and other connective tissues. It also plays other important roles in the body such as maintaining normal immune function, thus protecting animals from infections. Vitamin C is supplied in JointPower as sodium ascorbate.
- Manganese plays an important role as a cofactor (‘helper’ molecule) for a large number of enzymes with many functions. Manganese is the preferred cofactor of enzymes called glycosyltransferases which are required for the synthesis of cartilage proteoglycans.